By Shawna Leader and Allison Milton/The AS Review
There’s no denying that when the academic going gets tough, students often sacrifice the luxury of cooking. But just because time is an issue doesn’t mean you can’t cook a quick and tasty meal. Below, an easy-to-make pizza requires only a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time.
You will need
— 4 whole wheat or flour tortillas, or 4 pita rounds
— ½ cup pizza sauce
— 1 8-oz package cheddar cheese, grated
— Other toppings may include pepperoni, more cheeses and vegetables (such as artichokes and bell peppers), etc.
Here’s how to do it
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spread a thin layer of sauce on top of a tortilla or pita round. Top with cheese.
3. Repeat with remaining tortillas or pita rounds. Place finished pizzas on a greased baking sheet.
4. Bake pizzas for 4 to 6 minutes. They will be done when the cheese is melted and slightly bubbly.
6. Keep experimenting with different toppings and sauces, if you wish.