AS Legislative Affairs Council
AS Legislative Liaison
AS Local Liaison
AS REP Organizing and Outreach Coordinator (non-voting)
1 Grad Student or GSAC Representative
1 ESC Representative
1 ESP Representative
1 SAIRC Representative
Legislative Affairs Council serves to increase student representation by:
- Encouraging civic engagement and student participation in the political process.
- Creating, reviewing, and proposing Local, State, Federal, and other proposed Legislative and Administrative Agendas to the Associated Students of Western Washington University (ASWWU) Board of Directors.
- Submitting recommendations to the Washington Student Association (WSA) regarding the statewide Legislative Agenda.
- Establishing contact with elected officials to ensure that student perspectives are being considered at all levels of government.
- Formulating policy positions for all matters concerning students in higher education for approval by the AS Board of Directors.
- Reviewing funding request proposals, making financial decisions, and monitoring the expenditures of student funds paid to the Legislative Action Fund.
- Approving a budget for the Legislative Action Fund in areas designed to more directly represent Western Students at the local, state and federal level, which follows the LAF budget policy.