Social Justice and Equity Committee
The Social Justice & Equity Committee’s (SJEC) role is to engage faculty at Western Washington University in ongoing examination and reflection needed to make essential changes in the academic policies, practices, and behaviors that result in inequity, exclusion, and social injustices at WWU.
Specifically, the committee shall:
- Assist the Faculty Senate by evaluating and advising on implications for campus diversity, equity, and social justice of actions proposed by the Senate and its standing committees.
- Engage faculty
- Create and implement opportunities in which faculty from across WWU's campus engage in meaningful interactions that allow for the active reflection and examination of academic policies, practicies, and behaviors that result in inequity, exclusion, and social injustices at WWU.
- Create and implement opportunities for WWU faculty to engage in the work of promoting equity, inclusion and social justice at WWU and the surrounding communities.
- Oversee the Diversity & Social Justice Grants Committee
- Annually review and revise (as necessary) the focus, process, and committee membership.
Includes one Student at large position
To apply for this (or any other) committee, fill out this form.