Important Dates: 2023 AS Election (subject to revision)
- March 6: Candidate filing period opens
- April 14: Candidate filing period closes
- April 19: Mandatory candidates meeting
- April 20: Campaign period opens, 9am
- May 1: Voting period opens, 12am
- May 3: Financial disclosure statements due, 4pm
- May 5: Voting period closes, 4pm
- May 8: All physical and online campaign materials must be cleaned up/removed, 4pm
- May 9: Final deadline for filing grievances, 5pm
- May 12: Election results reported to Executive Board, 4pm
Want to file a grievance for a student election? Check out the Election Code and fill out the Grievance Filing Form. You are strongly encouraged to reach out to the Elections Coordinator and the Ethics Board Chair before you fill out the form.
The Student Senate serves as the legislative body of the Associated Students of Western Washington University and is comprised of 21 Senators from the eight Colleges on campus, as well as from the general student population. Check out their work from the last two years Student Senate. Run for the Student Senate! Senators are paid for 7-10 hours of work a month to advocate for students in each college on campus including the graduate school and four positions are reserved for undergraduate students Video.
The Executive Board has the right and responsibility to serve as a resource and advocate for all students. For this purpose, the governing bodies of the Associated Students of Western Washington University shall, (1) represent student interests and opinions to the University Administration, the Board of Trustees, academic governance structures, and appropriate external government bodies, (2) support student success in their academic endeavors, (3) foster students’ rights and responsibilities and inform students on the proceedings of the Associated Students and of the University, and (4) promote the general welfare of all students. Meet your elected Executive Board below and get involved by contacting them!
Follow aswwu_oce for updates!
Contact Jonathan Salazar (He/Him) email@example.com